Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Creating a World Without Poverty by Muhammad Yunus

Today's teaser is from Creating a World Without Poverty by Muhammad Yunus. You might know one of his most famous social businesses - The Grameen Bank. I only borrowed this book today, but I'm already halfway through it, it's a truly fascinating read.

Here's the teaser:
"Albert Einstein has been quoted as saying, "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler than that." Mainstream economics makes everything "too simple", and therefore it misses reality." (page 55)

Isn't it interesting? As an economics student I do agree with this. The assumption of ceteris paribus (all else remains constant) means that models are rarely true to reality.

Teaser Tuesday is brought to you by MizB of ShouldBeReading. To participate, simple share your teaser along with the title and author.

What's your teaser tuesday?

4 comments :

  1. This sounds like a really interesting book! I remember hearing about Yunus and the Grameen Bank and thinking he was a really interesting man! I definitely want to read this one at some point! Thanks for sharing :) I'm a new follower!
    My Tuesday Intro
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Albert Einstein quote. Simplicity is a beautiful thing.

    Sparrow's Teaser | Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fascinating book -- one my husband would definitely enjoy. I like the Einstein quote.
    My Teaser is from RYELEE’S COWBOY.

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^