Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Teaser Tuesday - The Turnip Princess by Franz Xaver von Schonwerth

This week, I'm reading "The Turnip Princess and other newly discovered fairy tales". Although the title uses the word princess, the introduction makes it very clear that in a lot of the fairy tales, the heroes are boys. That's all fine and good, but there are some stories so far that made me want to tear my hair out, because women are uniformly evil or are made to love the heroes. Or maybe I'm just reading this while cranky, because as I read on, more girl heroines are appearing.

Teaser:
"Everyone was planning to come to his wedding, but there was no bride in sight when they arrived. The church bells were ringing, and the groom was standing at the altar when a toad appeared and slipped into the wedding dress." (The Toad Bride)
What is your teaser this week?

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB of ShouldBeReading. Simply share a two sentence teaser, and the title and author of a book you're currently reading to participate!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^