Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Noticer's Guide To Living And Laughing by Margery Leveen Sher

This book was 'meh' for me, and it's partly my fault. I read the first half of the description, and thought this was going to tell me how to notice more in my life. I missed the bit that this is 97 short (one or two page) essays on the author noticing (sorry, Noticing) various things.

Ok, the entire premise of the book is that if you notice the small things in life, and learn to appreciate them, your life will be a lot richer and happier for it. It's something that I do to a smaller extent - like today, where I basically stopped to take a picture of a pretty cloud, but I was interested in trying to notice more. I realise that I tend to rush through things, so I want to notice the small, pretty things, not just the huge and breathtaking clouds.

So for me, this book on the things the author already noticed, was not very helpful. Some of the things she sees, I probably won't, because I don't live in the same country as her. Which means, I couldn't use it as a source of inspiration either.

But, the book is very overwhelmingly positive. I basically picture the author excitedly telling me about all the things she's seeing - it's very strongly conveyed through the tone. Some might find it annoying (and I can't take it for very long doses either), but I think it'll work as a form of happiness pill.

Disclaimer: I got a free copy of the book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for a free and honest review.
The cloud in question. It looked a lot cooler in real life. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^