Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Misadventures of Grumpy Cat by Ben McCool

I'm sure everyone has heard about Grumpy Cat. By the way, was everyone also aware that Grumpy Cat was a girl? Because I was under the impression that she was actually a he. Maybe it was the expression on her face...

Anyway, this comic is a series of unrelated tales staring the grumpy cat and her brother, Pokey. It ranges from haunted houses, to aliens, to figuring out who ate the treats. That's probably as much as I can tell without giving away any spoilers.

To be honest, I would have preferred it if the stories were longer. I wouldn't even mind if there were fewer in number either. While some were genuinely very cute, the characters were very one-dimensional. I know, they're animals, and it's possible that because I'm not a huge fan I can't fill in the blanks, but I would like the stories to not only laugh, but to tug at the heartstrings if possible. Because as far as I could tell - Grumpy Cat was grumpy, her bother was innocent and naive and that made almost every story predictable.

Short review, but this is a really short book. It's not terrible, but I think it's really for the megafans of grumpy cat, rather than regular people like me.

Disclaimer: I got a free copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for a free and honest review.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^